While often undervalued, kitchen sinks are one of the most vital items in the house. It may sound funny, but sink comes right after a kitchen cooktop in terms of importance and functionality. For that reason and many more, keeping it in top combination is extremely important.
According to industry professionals and interior designers, the kitchen sink is one of the dirtiest places in the house. It is where you put your dirty dishes, food scraps and many other unwanted items. And no matter how clean it may look, without proper sanitizing, there will always be bacteria party going on inside your sink.
Stainless steel sink models are one of the most low-maintenance options, which explain why they are the favourite choice of those with busy schedules and with little time to clean. In addition, a stainless steel sink is known to be more durable and longer lasting when compared to porcelain or ceramic models as it doesn’t chip or crack.
Because stainless steel sink models are designed to withstand vigorous scrubbing and their metal surface are resistant to stain, they make a great choice for busy families. But still, improper cleaning and maintenance can make these sinks vulnerable to rust. Here is what you have to do to keep your stainless steel sink in top condition.
- Avoid leaving items like metal soap holders, dishes and other kitchen utensils that can leave brown marks on it.
- Put the plug in the drain and place a few drops of liquid dish detergent into the sink. Fill it up about halfway with warm water.
- With a soft sponge clean the entire sink.
- Do not use bleach or abrasive cleaners on the stainless steel sink.
- Empty the sink and rinse it out with clean water.
- If there is any stubborn stain, sprinkle baking soda on it and with a sponge lightly scrub the baking soda over the surface. Rinse.
- For a perfect shine, rub a stainless steel cleaner onto the bottom, sides and tray of the sink.
To keep your stainless steel sink in top condition, you should always rinse it out after washing dishes. This will ensure that soaps or anything else that can stick and ruin the finish are totally removed.
Nowadays, you can find a fantastic selection of stainless steel sink models available in a variety of sizes and shapes. Browse the offers of online retailers or alternatively, visit a local store. But remember, no matter how much you pay for your stainless steel sink, it will not last you for long if you do not take proper care of it. Hence, hard clean your kitchen sink every day.